JOB DESCRIPTION: LEAD PASTOR
Who We Are:
Olivet Baptist Church is a group of Christ followers who hold to the core beliefs of the Christian faith. Olivet Baptist Church was established in 1942 and is a friendly, rural, faith community that is situated in Meaford, Ontario.
As a community of Jesus Followers, we encourage people to CONNECT with God and each other; GROW to be like Jesus; and CARE for our community and beyond. We worship God with engaging messages and uplifting music and value the fellowship and sense of community within the congregation.
The Lead Pastor is the shepherd, under Jesus Christ our Good Shepherd, of the congregation of Olivet Baptist Church. The Lead Pastor will be faithful and steadfast while providing strategic direction for church ministries in keeping with our stated focus. This position will provide leadership in the development of discipleship within the congregation and outreach to the community.
The Lead Pastor reports directly to the Board of Elders and is ultimately accountable to the congregation through the Board of Elders.
Teaching and Worship
- Responsible for the teaching ministry of Olivet Baptist Church, which involves preaching on a regular basis while allowing for a variety of other voices and speakers, scheduling guest speakers and prayerfully planning message series.
- Working with worship assistants and music teams to organize and facilitate the Sunday Worship Service.
- Protect the church from false/distracting teaching and doctrine.
Congregational Vision & Leadership
- Oversee the health of our focus as a church; ensuring it is current, relevant and well communicated.
- Establish goals and objectives arising from our focus, and develop strategies to collaboratively see them achieved.
- Prayerfully discern the next steps that God wants the congregation to take to move faithfully forward together.
- Oversee the spiritual health of the congregation.
- Foster an outward focused environment of community care, local evangelism and global missions.
- Oversee all pastoral staff and empower all ministry teams.
- Foster an environment of discipleship including but not limited to classes, bible studies, small groups and/or prayer meetings.
Administration and Other
- Provide counselling and referrals as required.
- Be available, and when possible participate with or visit those members involved in community activities related to the church or its members.
- When requested, visit congregational members.
- Officiate at weddings, funerals, baptisms and dedications as required.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Post-Secondary Education in Biblical or Pastoral Studies
- Experience in Pastoral work
- Previous experience leading a rural church would be considered an asset.
- Deep commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Inspiring and engaging teacher.
- Ability to connect with individuals of all ages.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in team environments.
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Honest & trustworthy mentor.
- Mobility suitable to carry out Pastoral duties.
Terms of Employment:
- Salaried position - Hours of work are expected to average 40 hours per week but may change due to busy seasons.
- A clear police criminal record check.
- Become a member of Olivet Baptist Church.
- Agreement with Olivet Baptist Church's Statement of Faith.
- Should be willing to be credentialed to the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptists(F.E.B.).
- To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume, educational and other work experiences along with links to either video or audio sermons to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|NAME||DESCRIPTION||TYPE OF FILE|
|Pastor Search Job Description||Click the download button for a print copy.||Download|